Thoughts and encouragement from one girl to another

Thoughts and encouragement from one girl to another

Thursday, October 17, 2013

(Some of) Kathryn's favorite things!




I have compiled a list of some of my favorite things for this year! Although I am always trying new products/gimmicks, when I find something that works, I stick with it and want the world to know about it! If you have something that you cannot live without, please let me know about it, I love trying new things! BTW- if you don't have a Birchbox, you should get one. It's $10 a month and always has more product in it than what you pay for it, and I have found some really awesome products I probably would have never known about if not for the Birch.



MAC shadow saver 
This is the MAC 217 eyeshadow brush. It is my go to, my everyday use, and the best brush ever. It is used for blending your eyeshadow, however, you can use it all over your lid, on the outer triangle of your lid, for smokey eye, it is very flexible, yet holds the color of your shadow really well. Get it, you'll love it.



Yummy and helps flatten the tummy!

Think Thin bars! I eat these every day for breakfast with my coffee. I am NOT a healthy bar kind of woman, I really don't like the taste of cardboard. These are delicious and super healthy, with 20 grams of protein and no sugar, you cannot go wrong with these! The creamy peanut butter is so far my favorite flavor.



 Make up forever, but really, i'll use it forever. 
I use this, in a much lighter color, for my under eye concealer. It is super light yet covers really well, so it doesn't emphasize the wrinkles underneath your eye or make a cakey look that makes you look like a racoon. I originally brought a bigger blending brush to apply this, but I honestly just use my finger. It's a great under eye concealer that comes in a large variety of colors. *A tip I have heard is that in the morning, you should apply your eye cream (or eye cover) by patting with your finger, not rubbing, because it circulates the blood and keeps your under eyes lookin' so fresh and so clean. 



The best eyeliner, EVER.
I have been on an eyeliner hunt for ages. I have tried expensive ones, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Dior, and also drugstore bought ones, Loreal, Wet n' Wild, Revlon. They are ALL the same. Price does not matter when it comes to eyeliner, period. UNTIL..this sweet baby came around. It's a new brand called Sumita, I received it in my birchbox a couple months ago, and have used it so religiously ever since. It does not smudge, move, nothing until it is washed off. It is a great eyeliner to use when you go out because it will be on the entire night. However, I have since run out and there is only one website that is selling them, and they are sold out! People are catching onto this fabulous eye saving pencil, but keep your eyes out because it is amazing!



 Works like magic. 
I know this is only toothpaste, but it is the best toothpaste I have ever used. I was with my mom one day and literally asked her if she had had her teeth whitened, and she told me it was the Arm & Hammer AdvanceWhite toothpaste. It has hydrogen peroxide and baking soda in it, yes it doesn't taste delicious, but it WORKS. It makes your teeth noticeably whiter in a couple of days. There are a couple different types, extreme whitening, whitening, it all works. Just don't drink orange juice after. 




Knock off hanky panky's
Believe it or not, these cute hanky panky look a likes are from the beloved Forever 21. At less than $5 each, a girlfriend and I were shopping and couldn't pass it up. We bought a bunch each and have both worn and washed multiple times and they are holding up just as good as a hanky! Steal.




An oldie, but a goodie. 
My last beauty product review, I put this on here. It is the Biolage Shine Milk by Matrix and I still use it because it really is a great product. I don't know about y'all, but when I get out of the shower my hair can tend to be a hot mess of curls, tangles, and who knows what else, and this is a great yet light spray that not only smells delicious, but it makes my hair soft and helps so much with the tangles. Thank you biolage! 



Perfect pink!
This is the new(er) Pale Pink Bobbi Brown blush and although it looks really bright, it's not. It is the perfect pale pink for any skin color. Whether you are pasty like me, tan, spray tanned, what have you, it looks wonderful for all skin tones!



Probably my favorite product
I have been addicted to the Fresh line for some time now. Although they are a bit pricer, it is definitely worth the results. So far, this is my favorite product from their line, it is the Soy Face Cleanser, and it is pretty much perfect. It is thick enough to get all of my make up off including my mascara, and do so gently, yet literally makes your face feel "fresh" and incredibly hydrated after using it. If there is one product that I could continuously rave about, it would be this one. 



Sweet Laura Mercier 
This is the Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation. I bought it when my girlfriends and I were going to LA for a weekend and I thought I might become famous. It makes me feel like a celebrity. This will cover every little red spot, brown spot, green spot (get that checked out) you have. It does not feel heavy at all, and is wonderful for pictures. I always wear this on the weekends and before events!




So cheap, and SO worth it.

After buying probably hundreds of different face lotions in my lifetime, liking some, not liking some, this is still my go-to. It is SO hydrating and obviously very sensitive towards any type of skin. It is inexpensive, and great to slap on whenever you feel dry. Alot of celebrity women claim to use Cetaphil. I love the brand, their products are cheap, and they are natural and skin-friendly! 




Products I want to know more about, buy, and use. 

The Nerium Night Cream. 

I have heard this product has literally changed people's lives. Nerium is a antiaging skincare line that has natural plant extracts in them. Below, you can see the before & afters, it is incredible. I know women that work in real estate, and sell Nerium not for the money, but because the product has impacted them so much. Please let me know if you have tried any of the Nerium products. 






This is the Arbonne Intelligence Genuis Resurfacting pads. It is suppose to help with fine lines and wrinkles. I have heard wonderful things about it and the reviews online are really positive. *Side note- I have a good friend selling Arbonne & LOVES it, if you would like any products, please contact me! 



Things I am NOT impressed with: 
BB & CC Creams-- these creams are a primer with a new packaging. They take away shine and apparently keep your make up on longer, but every make up artsist I have talked to about these agree that there's no difference in this & a good primer. (Smashbox finish is a great primer if you do need/use one) 

Victoria Secret's bra measuring-- I am not going to get into detail about my bra size on here, but let's just say Victoria's Secret has been measuring me wrong for YEARS! I went to Nordstroms and they told me that Victoria's Secret usually tends to measure small, therefore not giving you the right bra size. You can get a bra at Nordy's for the same amount & they are better quality & they fit about 1000 times better. 






Alright ladies, that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed some of my beloved beauty products & favorite things. Please let me know if you have something awesome that you swear by. XOXO!



No comments:

Post a Comment